noun_156650If you have a residence permit as a student at a higher educational programme or at a PhD programme in Denmark, you will normally be able to bring your family with you to Denmark. Family in this context means spouse or partner plus kids.
Your spouse, registered partner or cohabiting partner can get a residence permit, as can your children under 18, if they are living with you. To be accepted as cohabiting partners, you must have lived together for a period of at least 18-24 months before moving to Denmark. – Accompanying family members

International Citizen Service

International Citizen Service is there to help you if you have questions regarding day-care for your kids, choosing schools and the general registration of these things. It is worth contacting them early in the process, if you plan to move to Denmark with kids, since you don’t want to have to rush these things when you arrive.


Rnoun_364emember that there are rules for bringing your pet or service animal into Denmark. It normally requires permission before travelling here, so make sure to get this in order. – Travelling with pet animals

noun_1836Remember to check with your housing contract, landlord and potential flatmates whether you are allowed to have a pet in your new Danish home. It is better to be prepared than to have any problems with your accommodation once you have already brought your pet.